I am happy to announce the release of Hibernate Search 3.2 CR1. Crossing fingers, this is the latest release before the final version targeted in a few days.
A good 75% of our time has been spent on bug fixes fresh and old (some even fossilized). But we have also added a few interesting new features:
- we have polished the one we introduced in 3.2 Beta1
- we moved to Lucene 2.9 APIs as a first step towards Lucene 3.0's migration and we also have upgraded to Solr 1.4 for the declarative analyzer framework
- Amin, Sanne and I have been working on a new API to catch and process indexing errors: the default implementation logs the errors but you can write your own custom callback. You could log the failing indexing process to a DB, send a message to a sysadmin, queue the issues for automatic reprocessing etc).
- Hibernate Search 3.2 targets Hibernate Core 3.5 and use some of the new APIs
- a simpler API is at your disposal to add fields to a Lucene document in your custom bridges (thanks Sanne!)
Many thanks for the bug reports / feature requests you have send us: they helped polish this release. Atop the usual suspects, I would like to thank Gustavo Nalle Fernandez and Amin Mohammed-Coleman for their contribution.